It’s a delicious paste to use as a dip or eat with raw green salads and/or any other dishes (except of fruit).
Mix the following when it’s cold, using a food processor, then refrigerate it in a jar. (Do not store paste in a plastic box.)
- Eggplant – ½ lb; raw, sliced, pouch for 2-3 min. in a thick pan under a cover, with 2 tbsp. of water.
- Red or orange sweet peppers – 1lb., raw, sliced, pouch for 2-3 min., placed with the skin down (in a separate pan, or after removing the eggplants).
- Carrot – 1 and celery stalk – 1, sliced, stir-fry for 1 min with refined olive oil – 1 tsp. under a cover on a medium heat.
- Sea salt (to your taste).
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp. (to your taste).
- Olive oil, cold pressed, extra virgin, raw – 1-2 tbsp.
- Fresh paprika – ¼ of tsp.
- Cayenne or any red hot pepper – a dash.
- Sesame seeds, raw fresh – 1 tbsp. (grind seeds in a coffee grinder).
- Garlic – ¼ of a clove (if desired).
- Any fresh raw chopped herb (not wet) – 1 tsp. (dill or parsley if desired).
- Leek and/or scallions, and/or sweet onions raw chopped – 1 tbsp. total.
Note: If diabetes, exclude the carrot and use less peppers.