Enjoy this tasty salad as a complete meal or with avocado, or with one of the following such as fish, meat, seafood, poultry, or feta (sheep) cheese.
Chop the following fresh raw vegetables and mix them together:
- Romaine lettuce raw – ¼lb. or 3-4 large leaves
- Red leaf lettuce raw – ¼lb. or 3-4 large leaves
- Kirby cucumber – 1, medium, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, medium, sliced or cubed
- Celery – 1 stalk
- Sesame seeds, raw fresh – 1 tbsp. (grind seeds in a coffee grinder).
- Almonds (instead of sesames), raw, without skin – 1-2 tbsp. (grind into a paste in a coffee grinder).
- Olives – 4, remove the pit before chopping.
- Garlic – ¼ of a clove (if desired).
- Basil – 1-3 leaves.
- Parsley herb – chopped herb – 1 tbsp. (plus dill 1 tsp. if desired).
- Leek and/or scallions, and/or sweet onions raw chopped – 1 tbsp. total.
- Olive oil, cold pressed, extra virgin, raw – 1-2 tbsp.; or almond oil; or flaxseed oil – 1tsp. + olive oil – 1 tsp.
- Sea salt (to your taste, add just before eating).
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp. (to your taste).